Quickcall allows you to start a call from the User Portal by forwarding that initiated call to the device of your choosing. This also gives users the ability to place a call with a cell phone or landline number. When a call is placed in this manner, the outbound caller ID is the Dash account’s caller ID and not the caller ID of the cell phone or landline.
Initiating a Quickcall
- To access the User Portal, Admins will log into their Dash account and click on User Portal in the upper right hand corner. Regular users will automatically be placed into the User Portal interface after logging in.
- Once you are in the User Portal, scroll down until the Quickcall Device section under My Contact List.
- Select the device you wish to use in the dropdown list. In this example we are using “Mike’s Cell.” Next, enter the phone number you wish to call, including country and area code. Click Call to initiate the call.
- The User Portal will now start the call by dialing “Mike’s Cell” first. When Mike answers the call, he will be prompted to press 1 to accept the forwarded call.
- Now that the call was accepted by “Mike’s Cell” it will initiate a second leg of the call. The Dash system will now dial the number entered earlier as the outbound destination number.
- When the intended recipient receives the call they will see the caller ID set on the Dash account and NOT Mike’s personal cell phone ID or number.