You may add and delete VirtualPBX U.S. local or toll-free phone numbers using the Config Wizard. If you wish to delete one of your VirtualPBX phone numbers, you will need to log into the Config Wizard using one of your OTHER phone numbers. You cannot delete the phone number that you used to log into the Config Wizard.
- Under the Admin Tab click on Phone Numbers.
- Click on the Config Wizard link.
- This will open a new tab. In the new tab click on Step 5 Phone #’s.
- If you wish to remove a phone number, click on the red X next to the number.
- To add a phone number scroll further down and select either "add a local phone number" or "Add a generic toll-free number (888, 777, 866, or 855)."
- For local numbers, start by entering the area code you wish to add a number from.
- Select the city you are interested in, and then use the dropdown menu to select the phone number you wish to add.
- Click on Add to my Virtual PBX to reserve the number to your account. Repeat these steps to add additional phone numbers. Phone numbers are not added to your account until you have clicked Save at the very end of the Config Wizard.
- For toll-free numbers, select a number from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Add to my Virtual PBX to reserve the phone number to your account. Phone numbers are not added to your account until you have clicked Save at the very end of the Config Wizard.
- When you are done adding or removing phone numbers scroll to the bottom and click on Next Page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save to save the numbers to your account, or to save the removal of phone numbers from your account.
Are You Still Using the Classic vConsole Interface?
If your vConsole interface looks like the image on the right, you are still using our classic interface and may want to refer to this guide on Adding and Deleting Phone Numbers with screenshots that reflect your experience. You may also upgrade to the new interface for free at anytime! Simply login to your vConsole account and click on the banner at the top of the screen to continue.