Please note that there are 3 segments that define the roles for users in Advanced Reporting:
- User Access Types:
- Essential User: The user is linked to a user on VirtualPBX. Once a user is created on your Dash account, that user will also be created in the Advanced Reports portal within a few minutes. Essential Users cannot create reports.
- Professional User: A communications platform user with access to softphone and mobile features, including Softphone Connect
- Agent User Add-On: Allows the user to have their ACD Agent activity tracked. Without this ACD queue agents will not have any queue call information in the Reports portal. This item should be automatically enabled when allowing a user to have queue access, otherwise known as an “Agent”
- Supervisor Access Types:
- Reports Supervisor: has access to historical reporting features. They can create and run reports. Giving this permission automatically gives the user Website Access permission as well.
- Real-Time Supervisor: access to historical reporting features and wallboard features. Wallboard features allow for near real time data to be transmitted and displayed on a monitor or Amazon FireTV so that many people can view the data for the current day.
- Website Access: grants the user access to the Dimensions web portal. This is a baseline permission that would need to be enabled for users.
- Manage Users: allows the user to create and manage users.
- Manage Billable Items: allows the user to make changes that will affect billing.
- Customer Settings: allows the user to edit organization-wide settings.
- Manage Contact Directories: allows the user to manage contact directories.
- Recording Playback: allows the user to play call recordings.
Portal Permissions can be changed at any time by visiting https://reports.virtualpbx.com.. Click on “Settings” then “User Management”. You will be given the option to “Edit” an existing user or add a “New User”.
Editing a User
Once the Advanced Reporting Feature has been enabled on your Dash account, creating users in Dash will automatically create a user in the Advanced Reports within a few minutes. To edit, or to help expedite that process, here are steps to edit a user.
Go to https://reports.virtualpbx.com. And login.
Click “Settings” in the left-hand menu
- Select “User Management”
- Click Edit next to the user you want to work with
- Edit the display name and email address if necessary
- Choose Supervisor Access type. Changing this from None will prompt you to Add the user to a Workspace which is where you create reports.
- Click on Permissions / Clients / Groups or Workspaces if necessary. Please refer to the Clients and Groups guide as they require Professional user / Connect configuration.
- Click on Permissions
- Click on the box in front of permission to enable it.
- Enabling Manager Users will allow Manage Billable Items to be enabled
- Enabling Customer Settings will allow Manager Contact Directories to be enabled
- Click Save or you can click on another tab along the top
- Click on Workspaces - this option appears for users you select to be Supervisors
- Click on the pull down to select the users primary workspace
- Click on Save
Workspaces organize content into isolated groups which you can share with others to collaborate more effectively.
- Select “Workspaces” from the left menu
- Click “Create Workspace”
- Give your workspace a name
- Then select if you would like to create a “Blank” workspace or if you would like to create it from a “Template” or “Clone” an existing workspace.
- If you choose Template, choose one of the provided templates
- When you are done, click “Create”
If you are just finishing creating users or workspaces, click on the Back icon just below Workspaces on the left
- Select “Reports” in the left menu.
- Click “Create Report” or
- Click on the system default reports, to view, run, edit, clone or delete them
We offer 50 pre-configured reports to choose from
- Click on a report type to expand the list of templates
- Click on the specific report you want to work with
- Change or update the name of the report
- If you have created Filters already you may select a default filter to use
- Select the date range for the report to use
- Click Save
- Then select a save option:
- Save and Edit
- Save and Run
Once a report is created, you can return to the Reports page to View, Run, Edit, Clone, or Delete a report.
Adding Quick Filters
Make data easy to isolate and consume with quick filters.
- Select “Filters” from the left menu
- Click “Create Filter”
- Give your filter a name, then you will select conditions for your filter
- Click on the pulldown to show conditions
- Conditions allow you to add one or more time-based, performance-based, or info-based conditions to filter your call data.
- For each condition, select a field and then provide the required search parameter(s).
- When you’re done adding a filter, click “Create”
Once a Quick Filter is created, you can return to the filters page to Edit, Clone, or Delete a filter
Now you will have the option to add your filter to any report
- To download a report, visit the Reports page
- Select a report you would like to view
- Click the “Download” button above the report on the right
- Select a download option:
- Export to Excel
- Save chart as PNG
- Save chart as SVG
- Save chart as PDF
Set up a recurring report schedule delivered to an email inbox
- Select “Schedules” from the left menu
- Click “Create Schedule”
- Give your schedule a name and an optional description,
- Click “Next”
- Select a recurrence schedule
- Select the time of day
- Select the days of the week you want to schedule the report
- Click Next
- Choose a report to schedule,
- Select a filter, if any
- Date range for the report. You will have the option to send multiple reports at the same time.
- Choose the output type
- Click Add Report to add more reports
- When you are finished adding reports, click “Next”.
- The last step is to select the recipients of the report. Enter or select an email address,
- Click “Add” to add more recipients.
- When you are done adding recipients, click “Create”