Ring groups are designed to ring to multiple extension owners so that a group of people can answer a call. Phones can ring simultaneously, overlapped, or in series.
How to Create a Ring Group
- To create a ring group, start by selecting Ring Groups in the Dashboard.
- Click the Add Group button.
- Fill in the Group Name and give the group an extension number. Note: The extension number of a Ring Group cannot match the extension number for a user or a voicemail box.
- Drag and drop the Users from the “Available Users” column to the “Selected Users” column that you want to be a part of the Ring Group
- Click on Create Group when you’re finished.
Ring Group Ring Duration
- Click on the name of the group you just created.
- You will see an option for Group Call Attempts. This is the number of times a caller will ring to the members of the group before the Next Action feature will take effect. Mouse over the Group Call box and use the up/down arrows or enter the number of rings you prefer (1-9).
- Click “Save Changes” after you are finished to save the configuration.
Ring Group Distribution Options
Dedicated Phone Number
- If you would like your group to have a direct phone number, you can add one by clicking on the “Phone Numbers” column under groups.
- If you have extra numbers on the system already, you can select “Add from Spare Numbers” to select the number you wish to add.
- If you need to buy a number, you can select “Buy Numbers”, choose a local or Toll-free, and add the number to the group.
- Click “Save Changes” once you are finished to complete adding the number to the group.
Optional Ring Group Features
- To access the group features, click on the “Group Features” column under “Groups”.
- Ringback allows you to have on-hold music or a hold message play while the inbound caller is waiting to connect to a ring group
- Next Action allows you to control how Dash should handle the call after the ring duration has expired or if the calls were missed; for example, sending the caller to a voicemail box.
- Allow Call-Forward allows the users to press their device “Forward” button to forward a call from this ring group. To enable, click on Allow Call-Forward from the features dropdown and click on the Disabled button to change it to Enabled.
- Caller ID prepend changes what your Caller ID will show when receiving calls from this group. This feature only affects the display on VOIP phones.
- Click on the “Disabled’ toggle to swap it to “Enabled” to turn on the feature.
- Click on “Upload” to open the options to upload a new file.
- Click browse, choose your file and click the icon marked below to complete the upload.
- After you select the correct mp3 file, press the green button to begin the upload.
- After the file has uploaded successfully, click save changes to save the ringback.
- Click “Enabled” to enable the feature
- Select where you want your group to route as the next action from the dropdown menu.
- Click “Save Changes” to save the configuration.
- Enable the feature by flipping the toggle to “Enabled”.
- Save changes after enabling the feature.
Caller ID Prepend
- To enable, click on Caller-ID Prepend from the features dropdown and click on the Disabled button to change it to Enabled.
- Caller ID Name Prefix will change the Caller ID Name that shows up when receiving a call on a VOIP phone.
- Caller ID number Prefix will change the Caller ID Number that shows up when receiving a call on a VOIP phone
- Click on Save Changes to save your new configuration.