User Guide: Setting Up Voicemail, Using Your New Phone, and Additional Functions
This user guide provides instructions on how to set up voicemail, use your new VoIP phone effectively, and utilize additional functions. Follow the steps outlined below to get started.
Setting Up Voicemail
From a Registered Phone on your Account:
- Press the Message button on your phone.
- Follow the prompts to record your name and greeting and to set your 4-digit PIN.
- Please note that your admin may have configured your mailbox to send voicemails to your email or delete them from the system. If your admin has set up automatic deletion of voicemails, your mailbox will send voicemails to your email and delete them from your Dash system after the email is sent.
From a Cell Phone/Landline:
- Call the main number.
- Dial *97.
- Enter your message box number followed by the # key.
- Enter your password/PIN followed by the # key. If you have already set up voicemail, press 5 for voicemail settings.
- Enter and re-enter a new PIN.
- The system will prompt you to record a voicemail greeting.
- Press any key to end the recording.
- Press 1 to save the greeting, press 2 to listen to it, or press 3 to re-record.
- Once saved, the system will confirm that your mailbox has been configured.
- Press 0 to return to the voicemail main menu.
- Press 5 at the main voicemail menu to change any settings.
Using Your New Phone
Your VoIP phone offers various additional functions to enhance your communication experience. Here are some commonly used functions:
- Call Transfer:
- Blind Transfer: Press the "Transfer" or "Tran" button, enter the destination extension or phone number, and press the "Transfer" or "OK" button to complete the transfer.
- Attended Transfer: Press the "Transfer" or "Tran" button, dial the destination extension or phone number, wait for the recipient to answer, announce the call, and press the "Transfer" or "OK" button to complete the transfer.
- Call Waiting: When you are on a call and receive another incoming call, you will hear a beep indicating call waiting. To answer the incoming call while putting the current call on hold, press the "Answer" or "Accept" button. To switch between the two calls, press the "Swap" or "Switch" button.
- Call Hold: To place an active call on hold, press the "Hold" button or soft key. To retrieve the held call, press the "Resume" or "Hold" button or soft key.
- Conference Calls: While on a call, press the "Conf" or "Conference" button. Dial the number or extension you want to add to the conference call. Once the party answers, press the "Conf" or "Conference" button again to join all participants in the conference call.